How to scan a document on Android
Get important pieces of paper digitized in a tap
Thanks to scanner apps, you can scan documents on the go and straight from your home office without needing a bulky scanner. The next time you need to send someone a paper contract via email or send a photocopy of your passport, just use your smartphone.
You might be wondering, “How can I scan with my Android phone?” The solution is using a Portable Document Scanner. There are loads of scanning software available as Android apps on Google Play. Follow this simple guide to digitize your paper docs for free using iLovePDF:
How to scan paper documents on your mobile
- Install the iLovePDF Mobile App from Google Play.
- Open the App.
- From the Navigation Bar, tap on Scanner.
- Place your paper document on a flat surface like a table in natural light.
- Hold your phone camera steady over the document to capture it.
- If necessary, adjust the document by dragging the corners or add a filter.
- When you’re happy with your scanned copy, tap Save.
- Your digital version will be saved in your Scanned Documents tab.
Need to detect text from scans?
Sometimes you may need to copy text or reuse content from a document photo. It is possible to extract text from document scans using a technology called Optical Character Recognition (OCR). This is a mobile scanner feature that is also available in the iLovePDF app.
After using the previous method to get your scanned doc, you can then grab the text by following these steps:
How to extract text from scanned documents
- Go to your Scanned Documents tab by tapping on the Scanner icon.
- Select your file, then tap on the page you want to extract text.
- Tap on the OCR button at the top right side of the screen.
- Tap on the Detect button.
- Your extracted text will appear with the option to copy, save to the cloud or share it via other apps.
Get more tools on your Android device
With the right apps, your Android phone can solve all kinds of document management problems. To get you started, iLovePDF offers additional tools to edit PDF files from your mobile or tablet. All of them help to streamline your document workflow and reduce the paper load.
That includes a Sign PDF tool to sign documents with your finger and a Compress PDF tool to reduce file size quickly. To access the entire digital toolkit, download the iLovePDF mobile app on Google Play.
Work with documents straight from your smartphone
Al sicuro nelle nostre mani
- Non importa quale strumento stai utilizzando, utilizziamo la crittografia end-to-end per garantire la massima protezione contro il furto o l'intercettazione dei tuoi documenti.
- Qualsiasi documento caricato sul nostro sistema viene automaticamente cancellato dopo 2 ore per impedire qualsiasi accesso non autorizzato da terze parti.
- Tutti i nostri server sono protetti dalla legislazione europea, una delle più restrittive al mondo.