How to scan multiple pages into one PDF
Go digital by scanning paper documents into PDF with your mobile
Wondering how to scan a document with a mobile? Free mobile scanners are here to make document management effortless. In today's digitized world, having the ability to scan documents and convert them into PDFs can be extremely useful.
Perhaps you need to send a signed contract to someone electronically but don't have access to a scanner, or maybe you want to create a digital backup of important physical documents. Whatever the reason, scanning to PDF using a phone is easy with digital tools.
The days of heavy and expensive document scanners are over, and the future of using your phone as a productive tool have already begun. Pull out your smartphone to save time, money, space, and valuable resources. Keep reading and find out how to scan documents into PDF files in 5 simple steps.
How to scan documents to your computer with a mobile
Need a desktop scanner? If you work mainly from your computer it's useful to scan pages directly to your desktop. Here are the steps to scan documents with an iPhone or Android device and save them straight to your computer:
- Go to the Scan to PDF tool with your computer.
- Open your smartphone’s camera and scan the QR code on your computer screen.
- Follow the link to our Mobile app (you will be asked to download it if you haven’t already).
- Position your document and scan the page with your mobile, adding more pages if required.
- Choose your scan options and click Save to PDF to download the scanned document to your computer.
Scan to PDF using only your phone
For a truly portable document scanner, why not try scanning documents using only your portable device? If you don’t urgently need the document on your computer or just want to work on the move—scan on iPhone and Android devices by going straight to the iLovePDF Mobile app. Use the Mobile app to scan, save, and edit your physical documents on the go, on the same device.
How to scan with iPhone and Android devices:
- Open the iLovePDF Mobile app.
- Go to the Scanner.
- Tap the red start scanning button.
- Position your document and scan the page, adding more pages if required.
- Choose your scan options and tap finish or save to download your scanned document as a PDF directly to your mobile device.
What can I do after scanning?
Now you know that with just a few simple steps you can quickly scan any physical document and save it as a PDF. So next time you need to digitize a paper document, don't reach for a scanner—reach for your phone instead!
The advantages of PDF tools don’t stop at scanning. Convert your documents into PDF to unlock the productivity power that comes with over 20 more tools; all designed with solutions in mind.
Here’s what else you can do with a scanned PDF:
Edit PDFs by adding text, hand-written notes, images, page numbers, and watermarks. Perfect for filling in PDFs.
Securely sign documents with digital signatures that are legally binding with Sign PDF. Sign documents yourself or send sign requests to multiple people with this eSign tool.
Add passwords to your PDF files to keep your documents and important information safe with Protect PDF.
Scan documents into one PDF fileScan to PDF
Safe in our hands
- No matter which tool you are using, we use end-to-end encryption to ensure the highest protection against theft or interception of your documents.
- Any document uploaded to our system is automatically deleted after 2 hours to prevent any unauthorized third-party access.
- All our servers are secured under European legislation, one of the most restrictive in the world.